Twitter Is Everywhere It Seams
Unless you live under a rock you are already using it, have spoken to someone using it, seen it on your local news telecast or heard it on a sports radio show – I am talking about Twitter. I too am on Twitter or are Tweeting as who knows what the right terminology is but I think it is great and have totally embraced it. Yes it consists of a whole lot of talking and not a lot of listening but if you go Tweeting with a plan then it should be and can be a productive tool for you and your business!
Follow Live In Raleigh On Twitter
Check out my Twitter page at twitter.com/LiveinRaleigh as feel free to follow me as I look forward to following you as well.
Why Did I Get Into Twitter
- Great learning tool – it is amazing how much you can learn, how many good links & resources can be recommended and how much local information you can absorb in 140 characters or less. If you follow the right people then Twitter can be a great source of quick but useful information.
- Great networking tool – Whether it be with local Raleigh and the Triangle REALTORS or with REALTORS in other parts of the country, Twitter is a great way to network. REALTORS rely on each other in almost every deal so having as many trusted sources in your network is never a bad thing!
- Local Knowledge is Power – Real Estate is local and when you follow fellow Raleigh and Triangle Tweeters you will be in the know on so many local happenings – from events to sports, to business to even police reports (yes even the Raleigh police are on Twitter!) as the updates are fast, furious and many times local.
- Technology Queen – In a place like Research Triangle Park technology is everywhere so I want to be in the know on the latest in technology, web services and social online networking and Twitter is the tool to do it. Twitter not only helps me look savvy but helps me be savvy!
- Promote – Twitter is another great way to promote my listings, my neighborhoods and my services to Raleigh and the Triangle buyers, sellers and fellow REALTORS. If 87% of real estate searches are done on the web these days then the web is where I want to be promoting!
- Tweet Ups – Twitter has now brought the online networking offline in local networking events called Tweet Ups. I have been to 1 local Triangle Tweet Up so far and it was great to meet how other people in a variety of industries are using Twitter. I am looking forward to many more Tweet Ups and “in person” introductions!
- Still learning – Okay Twitter is still pretty new and I don’t claim to be the expert. I have learned a lot but I know I have a lot more to learn. But that is the fun part as I am excited to be learning something new everyday – whether it be about Twitter or something I learned thanks to Twitter. Remember I said knowledge is power and Twitter offers plenty of information!
Twitter may not be for everyone but if you have a plan and use it to your advantage it can be a great tool for your business – whatever business you may be in. I for one love Twittering, Tweeting or whatever you call it!
Walking and Tweeting With You Every Step Of The Way!
– Jenn Nowalk Raleigh REALTOR/Broker