Fall is upon us and although I am sad to see summer go I am excited for some cooler weather and all the fun Fall events around the Triangle. There is so much to do and see this month that I just don’t know how I will find enough hours in the day. Maybe all my friends, family and clients can hit some of these events and report back on what they did, saw and heard so!
Thanks to the many websites, emails and newsletters that have helped me make some suggestions on events you and the family should consider this month! And please feel free to give me your feedback on how the event was because it always helps to give my friends and clients new to the area the scoop on what events are a must for next year and beyond!
Triangle September Festivals and Event Ideas
- Reptiles, birds and mammals will be on display at the Exposition Center for The Carolina Reptile and Exotic Animal Show on 9/5-9/6.
- The 68th Annual Gourd Arts and Craft Festival is 9/12 through 9/14.
- The first annual ItaliaFest is 9/12 celebration will be held at Festival Park in Wake Forest with traditional Italian music, free activities for kids, great tasting Italian food and beer with an Italian flair.
- Heroes, Villains and Special Effects – Saturday, September 12 between 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Hollywood is coming to the Museum of Life and Science. This is your chance to meet some of the finest in the film and entertainment industry and to interact with Star Wars characters from Carolina 501st Garrison. Cost: Free with a Museum admission: Adult $12.50, Child (3-12) $9.50 Check out other things going on at the Life and Science Museum website.
- BUGFEST Location – North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. Date – Saturday, September 12 between 9 am-9 pm. Jones Street, The Bicentennial Plaza, Edenton Street, the Capitol Grounds, and all four floors of the Museum will be filled with buggy fun! Enjoy the entertaining displays, exhibits and activities—both inside and outside the Museum. Learn about arthropods, which make up three-quarters of all animals on Earth, during fascinating presentations. Taste delectable dishes featuring creepy crawlers as a major ingredient at Café Insecta. Join the moths, fireflies and katydids for an exhilarating evening of nocturnal activities at the Evening Insectival. This year’s theme bugs are butterflies and moths!
- Delicious Greek food, authentic dancing, live music and much more, happen at the 28th Greek Festival from 9/18 through 9/20.
- Bring your family to the first annual Cary Caribbean Festival on 9/19 and enjoy the music and food of the Caribbean and learn about different island cultures.
- Consider yourself a wine snob? Taste hundreds of different wines at Triangle Uncorked on 9/26 at Cary’s Koka Booth Amphitheatre.
The Triangle offers so many different opportunities for the entire family every weekend. I mean how great is to go from talking about the great college football the Triangle has to offer to Bugfest in the same month! I hope you get out, enjoy the events and all the great things that the Triangle has to offer. Hopefully I will see you at some of the events and remember to please offer any feedback you have.
– Walking With You Every Step Of The Way
Jenn Nowalk Raleigh REALTOR/Broker